One Leg at a Time

a close encounter of the third kind.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

One Leg at a Time
"Can you please come over here and fix my tape dispenser, because the tape is stuck" "Well, I'm not going to pay my rent next month if someone doesn't come over here to fix my tape" That was my first call of the morning. This is the same woman who calls once or twice a month for us to put oil in her door because it squeeks, and asks us to change all of her lightbulbs for her. Oh yeah, she also occasionally calls to request that the owner bring her a coca cola or some coffee to her. Some other quirky things that this delightfully suggestive woman has asked for: birthday cards, hugs, kisses, spankings, and exclusion of pagan and non-caucasion tenets. The closer I peer into the eyes of insanity, the more I glimpse true duality...innocence and purity mingled with evil and hate. Well, what can I say...I like her sometimes...despite her childish antics and sometimes inapproriate and predjudicial comments, I believe that her duality is for the most part feigned. It is more obvious because it is artifice...like a clown who paints a giant expression on their face to emphasis a certain mood. This woman mimics socieites loves and hates and expresses them with a loud voice but empty concience. She hates black people because her parents were racist, and she hates non-christians because the people who sign her pay checks and give her attention are christians. She is a clear but shallow portrait of her society. She doesn't understand the distinction between the different types of people...she just uses the words and expresses empty declarations. I prefer that to the disclosed duality, something which is internalized and completely understood.

1 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Blogger Gary S. Hurd said...

I am doing my best to avoid writing any of the things I have promised to write. Randomly hitting the "next blog" button and drinking beer.

I liked your writing. Good luck in law school.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home